Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
1) Members must be age 18 or over to borrow items from Bugle Library of Things ("Library").
2) Prior to borrowing items, all Members must a) complete a Membership Application; b) sign the Waiver and Indemnification Form; c) sign this item policy form; and d) have their residence confirmed by a BLoT volunteer or member of the staff. Completing a Membership Application includes the completion of the Membership Application form and verification of the Member's identity. Verification of the Member's identity is accomplished by presenting a valid government-issued photo ID and a second form of identification that included a current address.
3) Library staff are available to assist in explaining operation of items. However, by taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
4) Only the Member is authorised to use Library items. The member shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person unless by the express permission of the Library.
5) All items borrowed are to be returned to the Library by close of business on their due date. Items may only be returned during the Library's open hours.
6) If an item is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee. We do not want to do this, but it makes members remember the next time. Other people are relying on you to return the items, so please be considerate. This late fee will be £1 per day per item for every day until the item is returned. Late fees are capped at the full replacement cost of the item plus a £10 administration fee per item. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing any further items.
7) The Library reserves the right to use appropriate steps to retrieve items or unpaid fines and fees, including the cost of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent Member with the cost of any such action. Under UK law, "borrowing without the intent to return" is theft. The Library reserves the right to contact the police to retrieve items if it deems such action appropriate. The Library also reserves the right to forgive late fees due to special circumstances.
8) Items may be reserved in advance. All reservations must be confirmed by a Library staff member, volunteer, or automated response to be effective. The Bugle Library of Things reserves the right to make an exception to this policy for large community events. No exceptions will be made for individual lending.
9) Members may renew each item once if a) the Member renews online or contacts the library by noon on the day before the item is due, and b) no other Member has reserved the item. The Library reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals and will do so based on demand.
10) The Member agrees that the Library is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed tools.
11) The Member agrees that if any borrowed item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the item and notify the Library of the issue on return, if not earlier.
12) All items are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. All items must be returned clean. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item through misuse, and further agrees to accept the Library's assessment of condition of items and to further agree to the Library's assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item plus a £5 administrative fee.
13) The Library reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
14) I affirm that the information I have provided on the Membership Application is current, true and correct. I understand that this information may be subject to verification.
15) I further state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of Bugle Library of Things, and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I understand that I cannot borrow any items without also signing a Waiver and Indemnification form, relinquishing all and any claims against Bugle Library of Things. Please make sure you have signed to acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Bugle Library of Things Use Policy.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?